Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nicholas sleeps



For the first time last night, Nicholas only woke up once! What an amazing feeling to wake up...not exhausted.
I love going to my baby's room when he first wakes up, whether first thing in the morning or fresh from a nap. He is usually babbling to himself or talking to the turtle stitched on his crib bumper. When I lean my head over the crib he looks at me intently, and then flashes the most amazing smile. He wiggles a bit in excitement and anticipation at being picked up. He is so excited to see me, and I can't help but smile.
He watches me expectantly as I change his diaper, and I remember that he is waiting for the "I'm going to get you" game. Can't believe mommy forgot! As soon as I start saying it slowly, lowering my face down to him, he begins the most wonderful belly laugh, throwing his head back as he chortles in delight. His laugh is infectious, and I can't stop giggling.

Every moment of joy and struggle with my new baby makes me wonder if this is how God views us. Does he look on me with the delight in which I view my baby? When my heart is so full of love for Nicholas, is this just a small sliver of the love that God has for me? These thoughts stun me, make me so thankful for such a personal God.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister! I believe God teaches us so much thorugh our children...especially about forgiveness, patience, obedience, and unconditional love. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete