Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just a little bit closer...

Pre-baby thoughts...

According to my Dr., I'm 1-2cm and 50% effaced. Amazing how your body begins to prepare for labor and you don't even know it! I've had a few other tell-tale signs that labor is approaching. It's amazing to see my body follow the same routine that billions have followed before me. So all of these pre-labor signs mean...that it could be a day or another week or so! Mom and I picked out Nicholas' coming home outfit yesterday--can't wait to bundle him up his cute clothes.

Now that everything is mostly ready for his arrival, I'm spending my days thinking of the really important details--like the fact that both Nicholas and Marks ends in an "s" --so every time someone says--I'm going to Nicholas' house or that Nicholas Marks' pencil--they'll have to add the "es" phonetically, but spelling will just have the apostrophe! Hope he won't get beat up for things like that ;). Those are the deep contemplations of a former English teacher :).

Two of my girlfriends just had their little boys-- Bonnie with DB and Shannon with little Christopher. As I think of those precious little boys nestled up against their father's chests, I can't wait to see Andy as a dad. He'll be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment